|Participants||Margaret Tate, Andrew Paxton|
|Date||Day after Arrival in Sitka|
|Location||Andrew's home in Sitka|
After the spending a long outing with Grace and Gammie, where Margaret had to experience Ramone's terrible and awkward strip dance, Margaret was tired and all she wanted was some time alone. When Margaret was finally alone, Margaret took a shower.
After her shower, Margaret realized that there were no towels in the bathroom. Margaret looked around, but could only find a small loofah. At that moment, Andrew entered the room, listening to music with earphones. He grabbed a towel from the linen closet and walked out of the bedroom to the balcony to undress.
Margaret opened the bathroom door the moment Andrew walked to the balcony and realized that the towels were in the linen closet. Thinking that she was alone, Margaret emerged from the bathroom to grab a towel from the linen closet.
When Margaret emerged from the bathroom to get a towel, she was pestered by Kevin, which forced Margaret to retreat back into the bathroom. After several unsuccessful attempts to bypass Kevin, Margaret sat down on the edge of the bath tub, crossed her legs and started apologizing to Kevin for attempting to feed it to the eagle earlier. The apology was not successful as Kevin continued barking at Margaret, so Margaret used a hair dryer to attack Kevin, which was also unsuccessful as Kevin got comfortable instead.
Eventually, Margaret managed to get Kevin to step on a carpet, where she pulled Kevin deeper into the bathroom and rushed out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her and trapping Kevin in the bathroom. In the process of doing so, Margaret lost the loofah, leaving her completely naked.
Once outside the bathroom, Margaret ran into Andrew.
- The shower scene reveals the location of Margaret Tate's tattoo.
- This is the only scene in The Proposal where Margaret Tate and Andrew Paxton are seen naked.
- The shower scene reveals that Margaret Tate is afraid of being seen naked.
- The shower scene marks the first and last nude scene of Sandra Bullock.
- Sandra Bullock hit the gym to get in shape for the film after she discovered she would have to be naked for the role.
- Sandra Bullock was over 40 years old when she stripped off for the first time.
- No stunt double or body prosthetics were used while filming the shower scene.
- Sandra Bullock feared that her friendship with Ryan Reynolds would be ruined after filming the scene.
- The shower scene took 3 days to shoot.
- The shower scene had to be carefully choreographed because anything too explicit cannot be shown as the film had to be rated PG-13.